Friday 15 June 2012

HEROES AND VILLAINS.

Script: Adam Page. Artwork: David Broughton. Lettering: Dan Bell.

December 2011 Owen Watts editor of the fabulous small press comic ‘Dr. WTF’ contacted me. I had been in correspondence with comic script writer Greg Meldrum a few days before. Greg had mentioned that Owen might need an artist to do some work for his comic. I told him I was interested and a few days later I gladly accepted a script by Adam Page with a deadline of February 1st 2012 for the artwork so I had plenty of time.

I started the artwork on December 18th 2011 with the script in hand I produced a series of thumbnail rough layouts for the pages (these can be seen below) after I began to pencil and ink the final artwork on A3 220gm heavy weight paper. I completed inking the last page on 27th of December 2011.

By January 1st 2012 I had fully coloured all five pages and had sent them to Owen for lettering with a whole month to spare.





















Above: Rough page layout for page 1 with some thumbnails.



















Above: More rough designs and thumbos for page 1.



















Above: Rough page layout and thumbnails for page 2.



















Above: Rough page layouts for pages 3 and 4.



















Above: Page layout for page 5 and rough pencil art for top panel.



















Above: The Teaser pic used on Owens WTF facebook page. Owen mentions 'Heroes and Villains' in his Blog which can be found near the bottom of the page via this link:  http://crazyfoxmachine.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2012-03-19T10:45:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=3&by-date=false

Should you wish to read 'Heroes and Villains' a copy can be bought from Owen via this link:



















Above: Picture of myself holding A4 pages of my artwork at Britstol Comic Con and on the right the awesome Colin MacNeil cover for Dr. WTF 2012 which is published and beautifully finished in A5 (all credit to Owen). 

No comments:

Post a Comment