Tuesday 27 November 2012

FACE JUDGE DREDD.

I decided to practice drawing Dredd.  I used no reference other than previous Dredd pictures I've drawn and it took me about 5 hours to complete. I've included scans of all pencils, inks etc below.

























Above: The pencils took me about 50 minutes to complete using an HB. I've drawn Judge Dredd strips for 'Zarjaz' and so I used pictures from these for reference when needed.  I normally draw the ridge along the top of the helmet behind the sheild. However it seems that most current 2000ad artists don't so I have decided to do the same.


























Above: The inking took approx 45 minutes to complete using various Rotring Tikky Graphic pens.

























Above: After scanning and cleaning up the inking I block coloured the image and saved the whole picture as a multi-layered PSD file. Total time 25 minutes.

























Above: Using multiple layers I added the shading and backgound over the next 3 hours leaving me with the final result above.

No comments:

Post a Comment